Thursday, May 19, 2011

Shapeways 3d prints ceramics now

Shapeways has new products every day... their database is expanding incredibly fast. The business model seems to consist of having people create 3d objects via various cad programs... upload it to their online store, and when people order one, Shapeways will print one out and mail it to you. The designer gets a cut and the manufacturer (shapeways) gets a cut... not many middle men in that equation. Welcome to the future of manufacturing. I ordered this from them a few weeks ago. It's sitting on my desk and I play with it all the time. I love looking through their catalog, searching by say "puzzles, upload date, last to first" to see all the latest stuff. I swear it updates with dozens of new product hourly.

The most recent material they can print on demand is ceramics.


No comments:

Post a Comment