Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Doc Savage anti fire bombs

I read a lot of Doc Savage when I was a kid, I loved pulp books. these came out in the 30's as a serial in the back of magazines... I didn't start reading them till the 70's when they were in paperback collections.

Doc Savage was a guy who solved crimes and went on epic adventures with his trusty aides.  Larger than life in every way... I knew in my heart that Doc Savage and Batman were probably the same guy.

Science! (with the capitalization and exclamation point) was an underlying theme of every episode. One of my favorite inventions of his was the anti-fire bombs... hand-held grenades to throw at a raging inferno and snuff it out.

well, they're real now.


the company that makes these is called Bonex

No comments:

Post a Comment