Saturday, March 12, 2011

Fab Lab


This is the closest thing to my dream shop, what I want to do with the rest of my life. A hackerspace  reminds me of the old computer clubs I belonged to when I was a kid. Enthusiastic, nerdy,  fun to be part of, and you learn a bit... but no one took anyone seriously. Metrix, here in Seattle is closer, a damn cool place that does some of what I want, but isn't able to make all the incredible things like Techshop and Fab Labs can.




For me to set up a full fledged Fab Lab the way I picture it in my mind, It would cost a couple hundred thousand dollars.Along with a built in coffee shop, this is my dream.

 Neil Gershenfeld, explains it well in this Ted talk, on what I want to do. He's on my list. (he rambles a bit, but all fascinating stuff, and gets around to fab labs about halfway through)




No comments:

Post a Comment