Sunday, February 20, 2011

Formatting question

 CITOKATE... or criticism is the only known antidote to error
As I learn how to blog, (and enjoying this immensely by the way) I realized I need to learn a few tricks on formatting and design... A friend pointed out a flaw to me.


I learned how to take download pictures from the web, and then upload them again to my blog. I do this to strip the image of html, so it doesn't hot link to someone else and steal their bandwidth. I also make a point to include a link to the original post somewhere close to the image, to give credit where credit is due. But now I have a problem.


I can Take a picture of my daughters,







center it, enlarge it,


and move it around... but I don't know how to embed links in images to point to websites. When you click on my daughters... it always goes to a blank HTML page. Thus I reveal I am not as skilled in web design as I would like. Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

update: OK figured out how. I typed "how do I add a link to a picture in blogger" into google, and found this link   now the pictures lead to semi random websites.



2 comments:

  1. Are you calling your wife's blog semi-random?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh, and here I thought you'd be reacting more to "the ransom of red chief" linking to a picture of our kids....

    ReplyDelete