Saturday, January 29, 2011

Twonky

so I'm looking at the ad that google placed on my site... something called a Twonky.

What the hell is a Twonky?

Wikipedia says it's a 1953 comedy movie about a tv set that does everything for you, eventually controlling all aspects of your life and making it a living hell.

The website says its a media server that can connect across a lot of different devices, sharing your stuff.

What formats does TwonkyServer Mobile support?

TwonkyServer Mobile can stream the following file formats:
Music: MP3, WMA, WAV, 3GP, M4A, MP4, LPCM, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, MP2, AC3, MPA, MP1, AIF
Photo: JPEG, PNG, TIF, BMP
Video: MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG2-TS, MPEG4, AVI, WMV, VOB, DivX, 3GP, VDR, ASF, MPE, DVR-MS, Xvid, M1V, M4V


Anybody using this? For twenty bucks it seems pretty cool.

2 comments:

  1. RoboRally! One of the robots is named Twonky, and looks like a little TV set with legs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right, I forgot about that! I painted all my original figures, and I always played twonky if I had the chance...

    ReplyDelete